Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Citing websites on BibTeX

While writing the last paper I'm working on, I realised I also needed to cite some web reference. As I'm used to input BibTeX entries that are papers or books, I didn't really know how to cite websites.
Apparently this is not supported by BibTeX, which is strange since the web is growing more and more important nowadays, so I found out another way to cite the online resources. This is not really the correct way to do it, as it hasn't been figured out yet, and some trick were using the @MISC type. I will use the @ONLINE type:

@ONLINE{Caio:2013:Online,
author = {Caio, Tizio},
title = {Tizio Caio Website of important reference},
month = mar,
year = {2013},
url = {http://www.tiziocaio.org/ref/}
}


Some other way to turn this around include @MISC (as mentioned before), @OTHER, and @BOOKLET. The code is basically the same, and so is the result eventually:

@MISC{Caio:2013:Misc,
author = {Caio, Tizio},
title = {Tizio Caio Website of important reference},
month = mar,
year = {2013},
url = {http://www.tiziocaio.org/ref/}

@OTHER{Caio:2013:Other,
author = {Caio, Tizio},
title = {Tizio Caio Website of important reference},
month = mar,
year = {2013},
url = {http://www.tiziocaio.org/ref/}

@BOOKLET{Caio:2013:Booklet,
author = {Caio, Tizio},
title = {Tizio Caio Website of important reference},
month = mar,
year = {2013},
url = {http://www.tiziocaio.org/ref/}
}

I hope this is going to be of some kind of help, while waiting for some standard way to do it.
Categories: ,

46 comments:

  1. Pretty article! I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing.
    Regards,
    Web designing course in chennai|Web design training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end. 
    microsoft azure training in bangalore
    rpa training in bangalore
    best rpa training in bangalore
    rpa online training

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog while searching for the updates, I am happy to be here. Very useful content and also easily understandable providing.. Believe me I did wrote an post about tutorials for beginners with reference of your blog. 
    Best Devops online Training
    Online DevOps Certification Course - Gangboard

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPGRADE YOUR EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE WITH INTELLIGENT SERVICE DESK
    Click here: AI service desk

    ReplyDelete
  6. to know more about automated service desk and help desk with rezolve.ai, click down the website the link: https://bit.ly/3JdIva0

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7F2A1
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    matadorbet
    ----

    ReplyDelete